Skip to main content

One Week Before Chicago 2019

Finished last "long" run today.  Beginning final days of taper before the marathon.  Last few weeks of training have been high intensity, but not high mileage.  Approx. 41 miles per week with avg paces in the 8:20 min/mile range.  Long runs have been been fast finishes, with an 18 mile run at 8:08 min/mile pace.

Current race attire/equipment are as planned:

  • New Balance Ice shirt (not singlet)
  • Zensah arm warmers (current temp projection is 40 degrees at start) -- not sure if I will use a disposable sock as an alternative
  • disposable gloves
  • Reebok shorts (5 inches)
  • Julbi sunglasses
  • injinji socks (trail if colder)
  • Vaporfly Next %
  • Naked Running Belt
  • 2 containers for 6 BCAA and 6 salt capsules
  • 5 Huma and 5 Spring gels placed into 2 containers (150 ML hydropac soft flasks) -- removed Carb Boom gel from rotation due to issues today and last week (assuming this is causing the problems)
  • 1 Clif Chew Blocks (6)
  • ??? Cell phone (iphone SE)
  • Forerunner 935
  • Stryd Wind Pod
Pre-race Gear
  • Marine Corps marathon disposable jacket
  • old sweat shirt
  • old sweat pants??
  • alternate shoes without carbon plates?
  • 2 stoopwaffles for breakfast
  • 1 gel prior to race (remove since maybe this contributed to issue)
  • 2 bcaa prior to start
Backup gear:
  • rain jacket (if weather changes)
  • waterproof mitten (if weather changes)
  • Water bottle
  • 2 extra gels

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20220206 Stryd Pod Calibration Change

 So, it seemed obvious today that the pod was still off.  It seems to be reading short of the intended distance based on 7 mile circuit and initial readings on my 11 mile run today.  I feel like .20 miles short on 7 miles.  So .0286 miles off per mile.  Current calibration is 99.3.  Reset to 100.  Current calculations indicate 102.25

2020 Shoe Purchases (Rolling - January)

(1/5) Nike Pegasus 36 Trail - Have always wanted to try a trail shoe, but was pretty sure I didn't need one that could handle the technical trails in places like Colorado.  Focus on was on a hybrid shoe (road and trail), with potentially a GTX/Goretex liner.  My concern with GTX is heat.  

Marathon 101

So I thought I would start blogging based on all the "fun" I am having with my Marathon training that has been going on this year (2017).  This all started quite small in terms of an objective.  Run a 10K in the spring, and consider a half marathon in the fall.  2 co-workers wanted to try, so like I usually do, I was all in.  Found a 10K in April, and started training.  Based on last year's objective of running a 5K using the couch to 5K approach, I looked for something similar.  Sure enough, I found one for a half marathon.  While I was at it, I figured we should shoot for something before the fall.  Thus, the Baltimore 10 miler was identified. Well, all went generally well to get to the 10K (Columbia, MD).  No real issues leveraging the all the experience from last year.  This is where the fun begins.  It seems like 10 miles is a bit of a difference than 6.2/10K.  Equipment that I had wasn't sufficient.  Body needed to...